here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, February 7, 2009

yippee...I'm excited!

I was originally scheduled to teach & demo in Rockford, Illinois @ the stamp convention March 13-15. I feel bad that I won't be able to see my old friends again, but I couldn't pass up this wonderful opportunity...

I'll be...

Demoing for Stampers Anonymous @ A Stamp in the Hand Convention, in Carson, California! I have always heard that this was THE best rubber stamping convention ever. Now I'll get to check it out in person. I talked to Ted, Mr Stampers Anonymous yesterday & now I'm totally excited.
Believe me...I'll be counting the days. I can't wait!


So...if you are a blog friend from California, please stop by the Stampers Anonymous booth & say hi! I'd LOVE to meet you!

Since CHA, I've had some requests to "teach us how to make flowers".

So...here's a new workshop using grungeboard, grungePAPER, distress inks, Perfect Pearls, Maya Road & Idea-ology embellishments and of course...studio 490 stamps to make flowers.




You'll leave the class with 6 multilayered flowers that are the perfect custom embellishment for cards, scrapbook pages, frames, gift bags or gift boxes. I also like to add them to jar candles for a cute quick gift. If you add a pinback, you can wear them. I've also added them to tote bags and shoes...the possibilities are endless...
and it's a fun class.


We'll all make the same flower, but you have the option to make them any color, using the distress inks of your choice. You can also choose different background stamps to truely...make them your own.


Ok...time to make some travel arrangements...


then it's...


time to...
make art!

Have a GREAT weekend!
wendy

9 comments:

Kristi B. said...

woo-hoo! I'm just down the street from Carson, so I'll see you at the show. :o)

Cindy Van Sluys said...

OOOOHHH Wendi those flowers are too cute! I will cross my fingers that you will come to St. Louis sometime soon and teach us here!

Have fun in CA!
Cindy

Kay said...

That is great!!! Will you be taking Tim's place or demo-ing with him? I assume you're going to be at the March 14th show. Can't wait to see you!

Kathy Eddy said...

Congrats Wendy! i wanted to let you know that I was awarded with a beautiful blog award and got to award five others and I chose your blog as one of them! I am always so inspired by all of your samples! Love your style and finally have a few of your stamps ordered. Now the wait.... Kathy Eddy

Lynne Forsythe said...

Yeah Wendy...that is so awesome!!! Good for you...I know you will have a blast.

D's Paper Studio said...

Contrats on Cali. I know everyone there will have a blast.

Wonderful class Wendy. I hope it is part of what you will be doing in Columbia.

Priscilla said...

I am totally excited to see you at the show. I saw a lot pics from differnt blogs showing off your display at CHA. I definitely want to learn how to make your flowers.

Priscilla

Escape said...

I got to go to the Carson show when I was out there on business 2 years ago. I thought it was just a little show but it's HUGE!!! And part of it is outside! Imagine my surprise when I saw Tim demoing!!!! Gotta check to see how far it is from Phoenix.....

Kristy C said...

Wow! I will have to make sure I go to that show! It would be great to meet you after knowing you online for so many years!


Kristy