here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, September 14, 2012

with one stencil...

you can...


use just one color of ink...
this is gathered twigs
added with the blending tool...


you can add 2 colors to your art...
add your first color...
I used gathered twigs again...
then move the stencil over,
 to cover the gathered twigs stripes...
then add the second color in the blank areas...
the second color is faded jeans...



do you want a multi colored border?
use the distress markers to ink each stripe...
or...
use the craft nib to pick up ink from the distress ink pads, 
then add the colors that coordinate with your art...


your stripes can be horizontal...
or vertical...


or you can combine the 2...
to create a plaid border...


you can use them on journal pages...
as a subtle element in the background...
this is on Ranger's specialty stamping paper...


 you can
vary the thickness of the stripes...


you can make the stripes more prominent...
on a journal page...


and you can use them on art parts too...


I'm having a blast with these stencils...

and I've only showed you how to use them with distress...

stay tuned for more fun stencil play...
I've got lots more ideas brewing...

have a wonderful inky weekend...

I'm off to design more stencils so we can...

make art!
wendy
ps...
the BEARS suck BIG TIME...
yikes! UGLY!




31 comments:

SusanK said...

Love these stencils...hope mine come today so I can play! I agree, the Bears did a lot of trash talking before the game but Clay Matthews made them eat their words. I don't care for him, per se, but he is one heckuva Packer.

Unknown said...

Perfect timing for this post! I just received 5 of your stencils, including this one! Gotta go play!

Miriam said...

Fabulous Wendy. I love these stencils so much - I can't wait to get my hands on them!!

Lori said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing the different ways to use them!

Jenny Marples said...

Now those are seriously clever stencils - simple but uber-effective. Just genius. Can't wait to see what else you come up with. Hugs, Buttons x

Helen said...

Fantastic art, and I love those stencils!! Thanks Wendy, have a great weekend.

flutterbycrafter said...

You are such a brilliant artist, see possibilities where no one else sees them, this is gorgeous work

Vic said...

My stencil collection is going to need a bigger drawer!

Kris Anderson, The Avid Reader said...

Thank you for the great ideas. Cannot wait to get these stencils and start playing. Have a great weekend!

Diane Swanson said...

Oh, my! Love those stripes! Where do I buy this stencil? SSS?

octlove said...

love the versatility of stencils! thank u for sharing some great ideas with the distress ink...can’t wait to see what else you have to show:)

Diane Swanson said...

part of my comment disappeared!
Are you teaching a class in using your stencils somewhere around here? (northern IL)
I took a pic of one of your journal pages and its been the wallpaper on my phone for months! LOVE!

Diane Swanson said...

part of my comment disappeared!
Are you teaching a class in using your stencils somewhere around here? (northern IL)
I took a pic of one of your journal pages and its been the wallpaper on my phone for months! LOVE!

Gabrielle said...

Ooh! I've just order these stencils - hoping they're here on Monday! Perfectly timed post - thank you!!!

whyducks said...

Wow good are these!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous samples!

Wilma said...

Ooh wow, I really need these stencils;-)

Eyeleeeen said...

Looks like I need a bigger stencil storage solution! Love all the different ways there are to use yours.

Tracey-B said...

Oh I love the stencils and what you can do with them! Your style is awesome!

Redanne said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas with the new stencils, love the multi-coloured one with the distess markers and the tartan one! A x

Julie S said...

I really need to get some stencils. They look like so much fun to work with.

Julie said...

I LOVE all the cool tools to make art! Great use of stencils!!

michelle said...

Stencils I must order stencils!!!!

You are amazing thanks for sharing. . .

Don't be to hard on those Bears the season is just starting.

Tona said...

Oooh, I really like what you did with the stencils. You're such a clever lady.

Debby said...

Cool ideas for the stencils. Hope to get some play time this weekend now that work is over.

Dorothy said...

Excellent ideas Wendy! Thanks and sorry bout the Bears.

Art By Wanda said...

Love your stencils, Wendy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Used them on a chunky http://artbywanda.blogspot.com/2012/09/chunky-time.html and I am using them on a card project this weekend. Totally looking forward to more of your designs!!!!

sue said...

You are into so much how do you keep it all straight? The new stencils are really neat.

Barbara said...

Love the stencils and need to try thm on my cards! Great idea! Thanks!

Wendance Designs said...

Very cool! Thanks for the ideas!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I need your stencils!!! Fabulous designs and these projects are stunning! It's early...Da Bears still melding together.