here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

we fell in LOVE...

with England!

we had an amazing trip with 25 art friends (plus Rick, Jim & myself) on our tour...

THANKS to JIM WEST for a wonderful time!



Jim arranged for lovely very comfy hotel rooms for our workshops...
for this one, we created an 8 inch square canvas using fragments, correspondence papersremnant rubs, custom flair buttons, & found treasures, that they collected...

here's the sample I made before we went, to give them a starting point & to share my idea...



comfy beautiful classroom...



in this class we created an art parts etched journal to remember our trip...
each guest got a 2 part custom Union Jack stencil to use on their covers...
and another custom stencil with the places we visited & some words that fit our trip...

we used both archival and mini distress inks...
and each customized & personalized their covers...
this is mine...



here's some classroom photos, that Rick took...







this was one of my fav pages...


perfect for a visit to England...


the flowers were abundant & so beautiful...

around every corner there were more to see...



apparently, THE QUEEN loves red geraniums too!
she didn't invite us in for tea...
oh well...her loss! haha!



favorite places?
Rick & I both agree we fell in love with Bath & Burton on the Water...
I'd buy a home in either place in a heartbeat!

fabulous scenery...
both are cute quaint towns...

I'll swipe some photos from him & show them another day...

our London class was another highlight of the trip...
I got to meet 40 arty UK friends & spend the day with them...
SO FUN!

I need to find some photos from that class, but I found some links that I think you might like that share the day and our project...

check out...

Brenda Brown's blog post...
I think you'll recognize some faces...

and...

this is Jane's blog post...

Jane too has lots of photos of folks I bet you know!

***EDIT***
 I just got this link from Sarah and Sue...
here's their blog post...
it has more photos...

I find it amazing that art can change 
complete strangers into friends!

ok...

gotta run...
got a long list to accomplish...

the next trip will involve kleenex...
LOTS of kleenex...

we're headed to Iowa to my niece's wedding...
which explains the dress shopping a few weeks ago...

what an adorable couple!



so that's it...

we went to England to...

make art!
wendy
ps...I missed YOU!


19 comments:

Debby said...

Thanks for sharing! So wish I could have gone on that trip. Too much going on right now. Enjoy the wedding!

Becca Cruger said...

Looks like you had a BLAST! Someday my dreams will come true and I'll get to take a class from you (although it's rather unlikely you'll come to North Dakota ;) )

Gabrielle said...

Had such a wonderful time on Sunday! So glad you loved our corner of the world, you're welcome anytime!!! xxx

KGumkowski said...

We had so much fun, thanks Wendy!

Unknown said...

I am so glad I decided to make art in England, it was a wonderful week. Thanks for all the little details in the projects that made them so personalized. Where else can you find a cool set of stencils like that??

Jane said...

Your workshop on Sunday was just brilliant Wendy. Thanks for all your hard work.We really had such fun and I love my finished pieces. Thanks for linking to my blog...I think it shows just what a brilliant day we enjoyed. Glad to hear you are safely home.....come back soon xx

Lori said...

Looks like a fabulous time Wendy! Glad you had fun, welcome back! (Looks like everyone is liking the "shortie" tags! lol) Have fun at the wedding, they are a cute couple!

Redanne said...

I enjoyed every moment of the Sunday workshop Wendy, you are such a fabulous teacher and I love everything we made too. I hope you come back again one day. Hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding. Anne xx

Helen said...

It sounds such a fabulous way to end your trip - just sorry I couldn't have been there. The projects look amazing and I know from Gabrielle just how wonderful the day was. Glad you enjoyed your trip to England - come back soon!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, it looks like an amazing trip!! The pictures are so beautiful!! I love all of the projects you've shared!! I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding!! Safe travels!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Brenda Brown said...

England is so much the better for having you visit Wendy and I am so pleased we got to make art together, I loved every moment. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us and so glad you had a good time.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Deb said...

What a wonderful trip, saw some of your lovely art on Brenda's blog, wish I could have been there to join in the fun! Welcome home and congratulations to the soon to be newly weds!

Nikki Acton said...

Great projects Wendy, glad you loved England and of course wonderful to attend your Sunday class. See you next time ( ?!?! Lol) Nikki x

Annie said...

Great photographs Wendy and such fun to be able to attend your amazing workshop too x love my box and tags it was great to learn techniques and tips from you. I adore Ranger products and will now try to use them in other ways.

Glad you had a safe journey home. Have a great time at the wedding too

Hugs Annie x

Dorothy said...

What a wonderful trip!!
Glad you're home safe!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE your photos, love the projects! Lucky students! I love England too! Congrats to your niece...special time!

Kirsten said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time.

Sherly said...

So glad I got to make art with you in England what a wonderful time we all had. I would buy a place right next to you in Bath & Burton which was also my favorite.
Projects where awesome ! it was fun collecting things through out our time to remind us of our time in England. It was also neat how everyone project looked different.
thanks,
Sherly

ScrappyCamperSisters said...

I loved Making Art with you in England! I had so much fun discovering the different uses for Archival Ink, you opened a whole new world for me. I agree that Bath and Burton-on-the Water were fabulous, thank you for offering great classes in such a wonderful place XX Johnna