here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I like options...


if I can use a product more than one way...
I'm HAPPY...

here's the new large hosta on the right & the original is on the left...

it's stamped on newsprint that is adhered to clearly for art, using Glue N Seal...
it's inked with leaf green & the 
new vintage text stamp was stamped over the leaves with watering can archival...

options to think about...

all these flowers were stamped on newsprint/CFA and they will all work with the leaves...
plus there are lots more that fit...

decisions...

marigold?

pansy?

ruffled flower?


I cut a piece of my white magic mat board to 5 inches square, and pressed it into this inky fluid...
it's potting soil, forget-me-not and rubbing alcohol mixed in with the palette knife...


after drying it looks like this...
gorgeous starting point for a background...


another option...
tim recently released a beautiful sizzix die that creates a cool dimensional house...
you'll see lots of samples using it as intended...
but what other options are available?

I cut this side portion of the house from white magic mat board...
I inked the embossing folder with watering can archival & ran it thru the vagabond to look like siding...
the ink gets pressed into the recesses...

after embossing, I lightly inked over the house with tree branch, cut the window 3 times from back cardstock & glued them together...

I was going to cut a roof, but I saw that 
my art parts residence roof was a good fit...

I cut the door from a scrap of black magic mat board & embossed it with the dots embossing folder...

the mini heart is a black magic mat board scrap, covered with silver metallic embossing paste...

I used a black magic mat board scrap to create a chimney...


I used the layered tree stencil  toward the far left side of my base...
the trunk is inked with tree branch & the leaves are inked with orange blossom & red geranium archival...

I used tree branch to stamp the old wood floor background over the base & then used the new splatter brush with faded jeans distress stain to add the mini ink dots...
just dispense some stain onto the craft sheet, load the brush & then spread the bristles over the base & dry...

my lace border was stamped at the bottom using jet black and above that is a strip of tim's self adhesive corrugated material...I swiped the fern green pad over the raised spots...


I decided to layer 2 of the same flower...

it's inked with forget-me-not & overstepped with the 4 leaf clover background stamp, using tree branch archival...


and here's the piece all assembled...


TRUE, forever & Fig 7 are remnant rubs...
LOVE is a tim/sizzix die & it's cut from black cardstock that has Ranger's adhesive sheet on the back...it makes a sticker & it perfect for thin die cuts...


LOVE LOVE LOVE the dimension...
it's STURDY...but light as air!


super fun little art...

it can be displayed on an easel or popped into a frame...

or I might add a larger black magic mat board base???



that's it!
I hope YOU are inspired to look at the options...

then...

make art!
wendy








11 comments:

Lori said...

Love it Wendy!!!

Kim said...

Totally in love with this piece! It combines all my favorites...trees, flowers, and a fabulously crafty house!

Wilma said...

O yes, I love this one :-)

Susan Battensby said...

This is beautiful, sooo cute! Love it.

Debby said...

Lovely piece!Might have to invest in that die after all.

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Awesome piece! The house is so cool! Can't wait to see what the real house looks like!

Lisa H said...

great idea!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I never even would have thought to use his die that way...genius I tell you! LOVE this! You always teach me so much!!!

Annie said...

Love the versatility you have shown with your products Wendy and the house......just fabulous !!

TFS Annie x

Jane said...

This is just fabulous Wendy...such a cute piece x

Jenny Marples said...

Quite simply fabulous! Love the way you've used the new die with your fab stamps and inks. Another Wendy classic! BTW, have your bag - LOVE IT!!! Jenny x