here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

THANK YOU Veterans...

this sentiment seemed appropriate for today...

thanks to all our veterans & to those currently serving & working hard to keep us safe...
we appreciate YOU so much...



this was a quick card to put together...
the diagonal stripes are the yikes stripes stencil, just used on an angle and stenciled with

 a favorite stamp-it stencil-it...
the flower is the gorgeous
the leaves are stenciled 
with fern green & leaf green...

I had intended to stamp
then stencil & keep it completely flat,
 but I had a scrap of clearly for art already covered with newsprint, so I added another layer, with just the flower...
that little extra makes a big difference...

the sentiment and floral collage were both stamped with jet black...

you can see that t's a
simple & quick card...

I've had lots of requests for tutorials doing more art journal pages...
I KNOW...
it's been a while...

so...

I have one done & I'll be back on Friday with a ton of step out photos to show how I add multiple layers to the background 
with stamps, stencils & inks...

AND...
there's also
  a fun NEW technique...

here's a peek...



I'm really liking the tea rose
sky blue & leaf green archival trio of colors...
using jet black makes them all pop...

that's it...

time to edit the photos & write the tutorial...

see you back here on Friday...

enjoy your day &  
I hope you can...

make art!
wendy



7 comments:

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Great card! Happy Veterans Day, and thanks to all our service men & women!

donna said...

Love the card Wendy, very excited about the new technique??
donna in Ky

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous card with a fabulous meaning! I LOVE the simplicity and the gorgeous blue flower! Kudos to you!!!

Dorothy said...

Love the card!!!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Looking forward to your next post, loving the sneak peek! xxx

Kirsten said...

Beautiful card & a perfect sentiment.

donna said...

Oh, I am in LOVE. It is amazing!!
SO excited to try it!!
Donna in Ky